By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- recognise the specific qualities of leadership and the needs of a team
- identify the impact of leadership on the task, the team and the individual
- understand the importance of emotion in leadership
- set and communicate goals
- understand the importance of delegation and coaching in leadership
- motivate, build and lead a team
- deal with conflict and dissent in a team
While some people are born leaders, most need to develop the skills required to create vision, communicate it to others and motivate a team. This is particularly important during periods of rapid
change or growth, in which a team relies on the support and direction given by its leader.
The objective of this course is to improve the leadership skills of people, who do not have a lot of management experience or who may be good managers, but need to improve as leaders. The
course makes use of up-to-date research on leadership, role plays and exercises to help participants understand how they can become better leaders.
Who is the course aimed at?
Managers, supervisors and team leaders.