Introduction to fund accounting (C2013)
- Review the most common legal forms of company set up for the various investment funds.
- Find out the basic differences between the general accounting for commercial companies and the Fund Accounting.
- Consider the actors/agents of the investment funds, the components of the funds, their accounting, their valuation, etc.
- Understand the specificities of the umbrella funds and the multiple classes of shares/units.
- Gain understanding on the operations on portfolio and their accounting.
- Gain understanding on the operations on Fund capital and their accounting.
- Consider the estimation and provision of the investment fund fees and charges (type, agreements, calculation method, etc.).
- Perform calculation of the Net Asset Value of investment funds.
- Review the most common legal forms of company set up for the various investment funds
- Review legal documents of the investment funds (prospectus, fact sheets, KIID).
- Find out the basic differences between the general accounting for commercial companies and the Fund Accounting
- Example of Net Asset Value calculation - methods of calculation.
- Consider the actors/agents of the investment funds, the components of the funds, their accounting, their valuation, etc
- What is an umbrella fund? Multiple classes of shares principles and objectives
- Operations on portfolio: purchase & sale.
- Valuation of the assets in portfolio, impact on the P&L accounts.
- Case studies.
- Operations on capital: subscription, redemption and switch.
- Fees & charges: estimation, provision, accounting.
- Case studies - NAV calculation.
- Review of an annual report of investment funds (umbrella UCITS, UCI, SIF).
- Case studies.
- Wrap up of the previous sessions and case studies.
Who is the course aimed at?
Anyone wishing to apply and to develop their technical knowledge.
Successful completion of the module "General Accounting: current operations" (C2001E), "General accounting: year-end operations" (C2003E) and "Les valeurs mobilières: comprendre et investir" (C6014) or proof of equivalent certified knowledge.
Responsibility for the content of this training description lies solely with its author, the training provider Luxembourg Lifelong Learning Centre de la Chambre des salariés.