Compliance officer duties (for Mancos): the essentials
As chief compliance officer or member of the compliance function at a management company, you are identified as a Key function holder and part of the 2nd line of defence, and therefore a key component of the institution’s internal control framework.
The scope of your position is broad and ever-growing in terms of number of regulatory requirements to cover. That being said, it is key to have a clear view on what is expected from you from both a regulatory and organisational perspective.
It is essential to position yourself in the organisation knowing the reporting lines, the interaction with the different stakeholders and the tools and methodologies available to perform your day-to-day tasks and controls. This will allow you to focus on the business as usual activities in terms of control and advisory roles.
Thanks to our expertise in compliance functions from a regulatory point of view, but also from a practical perspective, we would like to share our experience with you to allow you to be ready for your day to day role.
Our training is focused on:
- presenting the position of the compliance function within the internal control framework;
- the roles and responsibilities of the compliance function within the organisation and its interactions with other functions;
- main regulatory topics and areas with a focus on key controls;
- presenting compliance tools and methodology;
At the end of this training, the participants will be able to:
- understand their roles as compliance within the organisation;
- have a comprehensive view on their day to day activities, including the main controls and tools;
- build a compliance risk assessment and a compliance monitoring plan.
The training will cover the compliance duties around the following aspects:
- Overview of the internal governance framework and the internal controls
- Presentation of the main components of your role, responsibilities and interactions with the different stakeholders
- An effective presentation of the compliance tools and methodology
- The main regulatory topics covered by the function with example of key controls to be implemented
Who is the course aimed at?
Compliance officer of Management Companies
Certificat de présence
Nicole Schadeck, Director at PwC Luxembourg