Working across cultures (C5048) - Blended learning
- Recognize the potential traps and opportunities of working in a cross-cultural context.
- Understand the influence of culture on individuals: how they work and communicate.
- Identify cultural communication preferences and take these into account.
- Determine the key skills and capabilities that come into play in a global environment.
- Discover how to upgrade these critical skill sets.
- Enhance your performance when it comes to managing projects, overall management and negotiations.
- Reduce stress and improve delicate relationships.
- Improve your leadership skills and your ability to head up an international team.
- Analyzing the impact of culture and how it influences your values and behavior
- Understanding the value and inherent difficulties of working in a global environment
- Understanding how your behavior reveals your deepest values
- Determining your own cultural profile and how it influences you
- Taking cultural preferences into account
- Understanding how goals and objectives vary across cultures
- Gaining insight into how our ways of working within hierarchies vary
- Exploring the key competencies for working cross-culturally and discovering how to improve these skills
- Practicing these skills and simulating potential or past situations where they will be/have been needed
- Building effective communication strategies for various cultures
- Refine how you communicate by phone and email, especially at a distance, and increase your effectiveness
- Determining the best ways for communicating at a distance according to the cultures involved
- Understanding how different cultures perceive trust and how to build it
- Using active listening and empathy to communicate effectively
- Demonstrating respect across cultures and its various forms
- Practicing the appropriate vocabulary, references, and social topics
- Building a relationship or bond across cultures
- Exploring social customs in business and beyond
- Providing advice and suggestions for students with specific cross-cultural professional relationships
- Sharing examples of past cultural mishaps and simulating a better interaction
- Identifying the causes of the mishaps and constructing a cumulative list of dos and donts
- Building one's own personal road map for future success
- Linking students with resources for future progress
U wien adresséiert sech d'Formatioun?
Business men and women wishing to navigate smoothly the many factors that make up any professional environment, including the country's culture, the corporate culture, the different work styles, and one's own personal style.
Fir den Inhalt vun der Beschreiwung vun dëser Formatioun ass eleng hiren Auteur, d. h. d'Formatiounsinstitut, verantwortlech Luxembourg Lifelong Learning Centre de la Chambre des salariés.