The Agile Principles and Mindset
- Why Agile?
- What is Agile?
- When should I use Agile?
- How should I use Agile?
- Who does what in Agile?
At the end of the course, the participant will be able to:
- gain a deeper understanding of an agile mindset and learn the practices needed to bring agility into their daily business
- The Agile Manifesto
- Rationale & benefits of Agile
- History of Agile
- Empirical and defined processes
- The pillars of the empirical process
- The waterfall approach
- Working with uncertainty and volatility
- Agile myths
- Empirical models for improvement and change
- Business culture and Agile
- The lifecycle of product development
- Individuals and their interactions over processes and tools
- Motivated and talented individuals
- Emergent design from self-organising teams
- Working systems over comprehensive documentation
- Satisfy the customer with continuous delivery of value
- Deliver working systems frequently
- Working systems as a measure of progress
- Technical excellence and good design
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiations
- Business people and developers must work together
- Face-to-face communications
- Reflect and adjust regularly
- Responding to change over following a plan
- Embrace change
- Sustainable pace
- Simplicity – The art of maximising the amount of work not done
- Common Agile roles
- The role of the customer
- The role of the team
- The role of the Agile leader
- The role of stakeholders
- Common Agile techniques
- User stories
- Acceptance criteria and scenarios
- MoSCoW prioritisation
- Estimation using story points
- Agile quality assurance and testing
- Common Agile practices
- Short feedback loops
- Focus on quality
- Emergent documentation
- Visual boards
- Continuous improvement
- Relevant methods and approaches for Agile teams
Who is the course aimed at?
Anyone wishing to learn about Agile
At the end of the training, the participants will receive a certificate of participation delivered by the House of Training.
Responsibility for the content of this training description lies solely with its author, the training provider House of Training.