Overview of the logistics sector (C7000)
- Learn about the origin, the evolution and the scope of the logistics core-concept.
- Define the components of this sector, its challenges and its opportunities in Luxembourg.
- Get an overview on the logistics functions: supply, production, distribution and demand management.
- Identify the jobs and the profiles opportunities.
- Understand the organizations and types of logistics companies: logisticsand transport, industrial logistics, health services, events, etc.
- Understand the concept of operations management, warehouse management and transportation management.
- Use the English and French specific vocabulary.
- Introduction with a presentation of the world of the logistic sector, its history and geography in connection with the evolution of logistics at global/European level and at Luxembourg level.
- The logistic chain and its 10 distinct steps.
- Identification of the main internal and external actors of the logistics chain, their roles and their interactions.
- Introduction to vocabulary / technical terms and codification required for logistics.
- Introduction to the various modes of transport and the inherent documentation from A to Z (HAWB / MAWB / FFM / CUSTOMS / etc.) related to transport and logistics.
- Functioning of a common logistic company: structure, organization, departments, etc.
- Identification of different logistic modes: industrial logistics, events, retail, health, etc.
- Presentation of the transport and logistics professions.
Handle a complex operation in a case study with variable factors.
- Information systems / IT in logistics.
- Summary and exercises to prepare the exam.
Who is the course aimed at?
Anyone currently active in the sector wishing to establish his / her understanding of the sector and to take advantage of the possibilities of internal mobility to develop his or her job, or anyone considering retraining in this sector.
Responsibility for the content of this training description lies solely with its author, the training provider Luxembourg Lifelong Learning Centre de la Chambre des salariés.