Introduction to purchases (C7003)
- Understand the role of the purchasing department and the buyer in the organization.
- Know the most common tools and methods used identify KPI and improvement actions for the purchasing function.
- Apprehend the different phases of the purchasing processes from the strategic to the operational ones.
- Understand and enhance the economic and financial impact of purchasing.
- Learn the techniques applied for the spend analysis.
- Learn the tools and methods used to select and evaluate suppliers.
- Know the most important trends in terms of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and globalization for Purchasing.
- Learn the approaches to reduce the supply risks in global sourcing.
- Introduction: make or buy decisions, purchasing organization and purchasing process.
- Economic and financial impact of purchasing.
- Purchasing category and portfolio management.
- Spend analysis and improvement programs.
- Supplier qualification, selection and cost analysis.
- Supplier evaluation: monitoring, vendor rating, financial assessment.
- ICT in Procurement, eProcurement and Procurement 4.0.
- Global sourcing and supply risk management.
Who is the course aimed at?
Anyone wishing to learn about purchase and willing to get in charge of more responsibility such as purchasing managers and buyers, purchasing officers and top managers.
Responsibility for the content of this training description lies solely with its author, the training provider Luxembourg Lifelong Learning Centre de la Chambre des salariés.