Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)
In this eLearning you will be guided through different modules by assuming a role in a financial institution, where you need to manage international, FATCA-associated clients.
By the end of this training, you will be able to:
- Understand the key principles of FATCA;
- Understand the processes and obligations;
- Be aware of withholding and reporting requirements;
- Understand the responsibilities linked to the treatment of such data; and
- Understand the main differences between FATCA, QI, and CRS.
- Definition and objectives of FATCA
- Context and background
- IGA models.
2. Classification I
- U.S. indicia
- FFI vs. NFFE
- Financial account/ controlling person.
3. Classification II
- FATCA self-certification (W9, W8-BEN,…)
- Reasonableness test
- Change in circumstances.
4. Withholding and reporting
- Data protection
5. Country specifics and comparison
- Comparison: FATCA vs. CRS and QI.
6 Knowledge check
- Random selection of questions.
DLearn offers a dynamic approach to digital learning:
- All sessions are modular and easy to customize to perfectly fit your needs
- The units (maximum 15 minutes) are incorporated in an interactive storyline.
U wien adresséiert sech d'Formatioun?
At the end of this eLearning, the learner will be evaluated on the topic via a knowledge check.
Our FATCA eLearning is part of our CSSF MiFID II training program. An official certificate will be delivered upon validation.
All our eLearnings are customizable for any industry.