Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)
In this eLearning you will be guided through different modules by assuming a role in a financial institution, where you need to manage international, FATCA-associated clients.
By the end of this training, you will be able to:
- Understand the key principles of FATCA;
- Understand the processes and obligations;
- Be aware of withholding and reporting requirements;
- Understand the responsibilities linked to the treatment of such data; and
- Understand the main differences between FATCA, QI, and CRS.
- Definition and objectives of FATCA
- Context and background
- IGA models.
2. Classification I
- U.S. indicia
- FFI vs. NFFE
- Financial account/ controlling person.
3. Classification II
- FATCA self-certification (W9, W8-BEN,…)
- Reasonableness test
- Change in circumstances.
4. Withholding and reporting
- Data protection
5. Country specifics and comparison
- Comparison: FATCA vs. CRS and QI.
6 Knowledge check
- Random selection of questions.
DLearn offers a dynamic approach to digital learning:
- All sessions are modular and easy to customize to perfectly fit your needs
- The units (maximum 15 minutes) are incorporated in an interactive storyline.
Who is the course aimed at?
At the end of this eLearning, the learner will be evaluated on the topic via a knowledge check.
Our FATCA eLearning is part of our CSSF MiFID II training program. An official certificate will be delivered upon validation.
All our eLearnings are customizable for any industry.