Expand your Leadership Intelligence
Expected Course Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
1. Describe the concept of "Leadership Intelligence", the similarities and differences between it and "Managerial (i.e., the "boss") Intelligence", and why both are important to organizational success.
2. Assess their skill level based on the Leadership Skills Survey (this is a self-assessment and has a 360 - multi-rater version).
3. Recognize when and how to apply their Leadership Intelligence to take initiative (i.e., provide direction) and to influence (i.e., motivate) others.
4. Enhance Leadership Intelligence in others at all levels to support the organization’s purpose (i.e., vision, mission, strategy, goals, etc.).
5. Adapt their Leadership Intelligence capacities to work effectively with the diverse individuals.
6. Operate with expanded awareness and clarity about their intentions to better understand themselves, others, and their situation so they can lead more effectively.
7. Establish "leader quality relationships" with diverse individuals.
8. Develop and demonstrate credibility to gain commitment and on-going support for their initiatives.
9. "Map the territory" through the use of observation and question power to assess their environment.
10. Use the G.A.P. (Gain Another Perspective) process to form viable courses of leader action.
11. Understand and match other’s needs, interests, and values to maximize engagement with and commitment to their leader paths.
12. Communicate to create shared meaning and gain commitment.
13. Apply the knowledge and skills presented and discussed based on field tested "action ideas."
Brief Program Description
This program provides an in-depth description of how leaders demonstrate Leadership Intelligence, the unique capacity that distinguishes true leaders from other roles. The course provides knowledge and skill building related to how leaders gain commitment, develop and demonstrate credibility, take initiative, and influence others in proactive and positive ways.
The course includes an assessment of participant’s current level of Leadership Intelligence. It also describes how Leadership Intelligence is similar to and distinct from Managerial Intelligence.
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is designed for participants at alll organizational levels who want to develop as truly effective leaders. It is especially useful for those with a managerial role who also want to be leaders.
Les connaissances sont validées tout au long de la formation par des exercices pratiques.
Une attestation de présence sera envoyée aux participants après la formation.
The program utilizes state-of-the-art, high involvement, teaching methodologies including a multi-media powerpoint presentation, small and large group activities, video segments to illustrate key content points, large group skill demonstrations, small group role plays, and field tested "action ideas" so that participants can directly apply the program and realize "take home value" from their investment of time at the program. The program includes a substantial follow-up process provided by the instructor to reinforce application and continue to learning process after the course.
About the Consultant, Dr Warren Blank
Dr Warren Blank is President of The Leadership Group which he founded in 1985. Since 1974, Warren has consulted with organizations throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa and Asia. He has a Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior, an MBA in Management, and an MS in Education. He has extensive, proven experience working with Fortune 500 Companies such as Shell Oil Company, GE, Hyatt Hotels and Lockheed Martin, and government agencies such as the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), and all branches of the military.
What other Leaders are saying:
"The most inspirational speaker I have encountered in over 30 years. Inspires senior executives to reach beyond their current capabilities and reach organizational and strategic goals with ease. Warren is the epitome of 'world class'!"
Boyd Keith Jeffries, Deputy Federal Security Director, US Department. of Homeland Security