- To meet this growing demand, the profession of Elderly Caregiver emerged, being, in general, a former companion. With the aging of the population, the profession of Elderly Caregiver has gained more visibility and is gaining more and more place in the labor market.
- During the Elderly Caregiver course, you will learn the necessary techniques to work in the area, in addition to psychological preparation to deal with adverse situations.
- It is a useful course both for those interested in acting professionally as a Caregiver for the Elderly, as well as for friends and family, who would like to help and give the necessary support to the elderly in the family.
The main topics of the Elderly Caregiver Course are:
Unit 1 - The Social Context of the Elderly
- The barriers of old age
- Statute of the Elderly
- What public policies are being developed?
- Major obstacles in the health of the elderly
Unit 2 - The Elderly Caregiver Profession
- Socio-historical context of the profession
- Labor rights
- Elderly caregiver work routines
- Market prospects
- Caregiver and self-care
Unit 3 - Exercising the Profession
- Knowing the needs and limitations of an elderly person
- General care
- Special cares
- How should the communication with the elderly and their family be
- Accompaniment sheet
- Social support network and useful phones
Unit 4 - Rehabilitation Processes for the Elderly
- Physical stimulation
- Care for disabled people (bedridden and wheelchair)
- Helping the cared person to walk
- Nursing homes and public homes
Who is the course aimed at?
- Pessoas que queiram trabalhar com idosos a domicilio
- Pessoas que moram ou trabalham com idosos
- Acompanhantes no dia a dia de pessoas idosas
OHC ASBL Certificado
Responsibility for the content of this training description lies solely with its author, the training provider Office House Capellen.