Change Management - Foundation (APMG exam included)
The course programme focuses on the impact of change in four key areas:
- Change and the individual
- Change and the organisation
- Communication and stakeholder involvement
- Change management practices
Introduction and objectives
- Reviewing stakeholder engagement and communication and learning about change practices
The individual and change
- Understanding the learning preferences of people in the organisation
- How can new skills be acquired?
- What are the patterns of individual change?
- Motivation: what motivates people?
- What are the systematic differences between people and how do we deal with them?
Organisation and change
- Organisational metaphors
- Organisational culture
- Change process models
- What is emergent change
- Key roles in organisational change
- Levers of change and developing a vision
- Stakeholder engagement
- The principles
- Identifying and segmenting the actors of change
- Staff and empathy maps
- Stakeholder mapping
- Influencing strategies
Communication and commitment
- Communication bias
- Communicating change: factors, barriers and approach
- Communication channels (Push-Pull and Lean-Rich)
- Communication planning
The impact of change
- Identifying and assessing the impact of change
- Assessing the impact on stakeholders
- Modifying the severity assessment
Preparing for change
- Motivation for change and motivating people
- The Change Impact Assessment
- Network of change agents
- Building the change team
- Change management plan
- Preparing for resistance to change
U wien adresséiert sech d'Formatioun?
This course is designed for those who wish to understand the basic principles for successful change, transition or organisational transformation.
The Change Management Foundation exam is designed for those who have a role in leading, executing or supporting a change initiative. People who work in organisations where change is planned or taking place and who want to gain more knowledge about the change management framework.
Some experience of organisational change is recommended for this course.
This course prepares you for the APMG Change Management Foundation exam. As this is the foundation level, the emphasis is on theory, supported by some exercises.
The Change Management™ certification exam takes place at the end of the third day of training. For those who wish, it is always possible to take the exam at a later date with an exam voucher.
- MCQ of 50 multiple choice questions, in English
- Pass mark of 25 out of 50 - 50%.
- 40 minutes duration + 25% additional time if English is not your first language
- Closed book
Each participant will receive:
- a copy of the presentation and exercises
- mock exams
- a copy of The Effective Change Manager's Handbook