Payroll Calculation I
This seminar gives participants a practical overview of calculation of salaries. Participants will deepen their knowledge through exercises.
Compulsory deductions on salaries: taxes & social security
Indexation of salaries
- General aspects
- Double-tax treaties with bordering countries
- The Luxembourg tax system
- Tax brackets
- Tax schedules (Barèmes de l'impôt)
- Taxes on salaries
- Tax classes 2008-2017
- Tax classes since 2018 (tax reform)
- Taxation of married couples
- Tax cards
- Mentions on Tax card
- Abattement Conjoint (AC)
- Frais de déplacement (FD)
- Dépenses spéciales (DS)
- Charges extraordinaires (CE)
- Abattement pour mobilité durable (AMD)
- Crédit d'impôt monoparental (CIM)
- Calcul du crédit d'impôt pour salariés (CIS)
- Calcul du crédit d'impôt salaire social minimum (CISSM)
- Obligations by the employer in relation to salary tax
Minimum social salary
Social security theshold
Compulsory contributions to social security (employee & employer contributions)
- Caisse Nationale de Santé (CNS)
- Mutualité des Employeurs
- Caisse Nationale d’Assurance Pension (CNAP)
- Caisse pour l'avenir des enfants
- Fonds National de l’emploi
Special Tax treatment for highly qualified employees (impatriates)
- Recrring and non-recurring expenses
- Advantages and pitfalls for employers
Luxembourg/Luxembourg (multiple employers in Luxembourg)
Luxembourg/Other country (special case of frontier worker working more than 25% in country of residence)
Practical examples and exercices
Interactive course with many examples
- Social contributions: determining the employee share
- Understand and use tax schedules
- Know how to determine the tax to be applied to a salary
- Calculate a gross-net salary (different salary levels, different tax classes)
- Be aware of the problems of cross-border employees working outside Luxembourg and the possible impact on taxation and social security.
Who is the course aimed at?
HR professionals who want to gain a practical knowledge on calculation of salaries.
No previous knowledge needed.
Each participant will receive a certificate of attendance.
Number of participants is limited to 6.
Interactive and practical seminar.