Blockchain and crypto-assets: perspectives on risks
As any transformative technology and related application, blockchain and crypto-assets come with inherent risk considerations. From operational or governance to valuation and liquidity risks to name a few, identifying risk factors and appropriate mitigation measures will be key to ensure sound risk management process and sustainable business.
By the end of this course, participants will:
- understand the key risks involved in applying Blockchain technology and engaging into the crypto-assets industry
- obtain an overview of potential risk mitigation measures and trade-offs to be considered
- apprehend how blockchain and crypto-assets can be properly embedded into a sound risk management framework
- Overview of major types of risk involved in blockchain and crypto-assets applications
- Review of potential mitigation measures and trade-offs to consider for each type of risk
- Discussion on the key core constituents of a sound risk management framework
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is designed as a comprehensive primer for:
- Business managers
- C-suite officers
- Digital transformation managers / Chief - Technology Officers
- Digital innovators, R&D, software developers
This training is coordinated by Thomas Campione, Director and blockchain & crypto leader at PwC.
Thomas is a director in our Capital Markets & Accounting Advisory Services team (CMAAS) with over 13 years of experience in both financial and non-financial sectors and leads our blockchain & crypto-assets activities. He is the Luxembourg representative in the PwC Crypto Accounting Working Group (CAWG), the Global Crypto Committee and Global Blockchain Community in the PwC Network and has been an instructor within PwC team since 2015.