Analytical accountancy (C2007)
- Establish a comprehensive overview of the financial situation of an entity with reference to Gearing, Liquidity, and Investment performance.
- Select and apply various decision making techniques in order to maximise efficiency of resources.
- Understand how risk and uncertainty are incorporated into decision making techniques, and how said risks are managed.
- Understand the key methods of investment appraisal.
- Identify appropriate techniques of business and asset valuations.
- Apply appropriate budgeting techniques, and establish alternative sources of business finance.
- Revision of the IASB conceptual framework and the Characteristics of useful financial information.
- Comparing financial information from comparative periods, similar entities, and industry averages.
- Interpretation of Profitability and investor ratios.
- Decision making techniques - incorporating risk and uncertainty.
- Investment appraisal methods.
- Business and Asset Valuations.
- Interpretation of Working capital and liquidity ratios.
- Budgeting and obtaining alternative business finance.
- Practical application - Question sessions.
- Revision and exam preparation.
Who is the course aimed at?
All those who wish to learn and apply the skills necessary in order to establish the financial health and performance of a company through examination of the financial statements and other information, and establish how said analysis can affect the decision making of the users of such information.
Successful completion of the module " General accounting: current operations " (C2001E) and " General accounting: year-end operations " (C2003E) or proof of equivalent certified knowledge.
Responsibility for the content of this training description lies solely with its author, the training provider Luxembourg Lifelong Learning Centre de la Chambre des salariés.