5e classes (third year of secondary education)
have not reached the level of the 5e class which they need to be able to achieve their personal and professional projects. The same is true for immigrants
who do not have a recognised level of education or whose knowledge of languages is insufficient to join the training system in Luxembourg.
The 5e class is crucial for access to further studies and vocational training. For all these people, adult training offers, via the alternative route to qualification, several options so that they can reach the level of the 5e class.
|5e classes of general secondary education (Enseignement secondaire général - ESG)|
|Alternative route to qualification
5e guidance class of general education
|5e adaptation class of general education
pre-vocational class of general education
5e G - Evening classes at the LTC, LGK, LN
5e G-FR - Evening classes French-language scheme at the LGK, LTC
5e G and 5e G-FR (French-language scheme) - Daytime classes organised by the SFA
- 5e G (16-30 years) - Daytime classes at the ENAD
- 5e AD - Evening classes at the LGK, LTC, LN
- 5e AD-FR - Evening classes French-language scheme at the LTC
- 5e AD and 5e AD-FR (French-language scheme) - Daytime classes organised by the SFA
- 5e AD - Young adult classes (>16 ans) at the CNFPC Ettelbruck
- 5e G-FR integration - Daytime classes French-language scheme organised by the SFA
- 5e AD-FR integration - Daytime classes French-language scheme organised by the SFA
5e classes as evening and daytime classes
People who have not successfully completed the 5e class can attend evening or daytime classes. 5e G classes (basic/advanced level) and 5e AD classes are offered by:
- CNFPC Ettelbruck - Centre national de formation professionnelle continue (Tel.: +352 81 89 39 25, www.cnfpc.lu)
- ENAD - École nationale pour adultes (Tel.: +352 26 65 03 50, www.enad.lu)
- LGK - Lycée Guillaume Kroll (Tel.: +352 55 95 45 204, www.lgk.lu)
- LN - Lycée du Nord (Tel.: +352 95 93 20 232, www.lnw.lu)
- LTC - Lycée technique du Centre (Tel.: +352 47 38 11 1, www.ltc.lu),
- SFA - Service de la formation des adultes (Adult Training Service) du Ministère de l'Éducation nationale, de l'Enfance et de la Jeunesse - (Tel.: +352 80 02 44 88, www.men.public.lu, firstname.lastname@example.org)
These classes are also accessible in the French-speaking scheme. In terms of organisation, between 12 and 28 hours per week are offered over two semesters, from September to July.
At the end of the 5e class of general secondary education, on the basis of the level reached and the requirements of the preferred training, there are five possible routes:
5e integration classes
Extra classes for newly-arrived pupils
A qualification and fluency in the Grand Duchy's languages are the prerequisites for an adult joining the host country's labour market sustainably. In the Grand Duchy, the 5e class is decisive for gaining access to the higher levels of secondary education and vocational training.
5e integration classes are intended more particularly for applicants for and beneficiaries of international protection and new arrivals who are fluent in English but not in the national languages. Different levels of 5e general classes are offered, with extra lessons in French or German, lessons in mathematics, lessons for developing digital skills, civic instruction, and guidance sessions.
A bridging class will also be available for those who wish to join the scheme in the course of the academic year.
Ministry of Education, Children and Youth
Service de la formation des adultes (Adult Training Service)
15 rue Léon Hengen
L - 1745 Luxembourg
Tel. +352 247 85100