A reduced enrolment fee, worth 10 euros for each course regardless of the number of classes involved, is allowed on presentation of an attestation, in the form of a voucher, issued by the administration concerned, in the participant's name.
The reduction voucher is only valid for:
- the general interest courses offered by secondary schools, municipal authorities and not-for-profit associations that are coordinated by the Adult Training Service (Service de la Formation des Adultes - SFA) of the Ministry of Education, Children and Youth
View the general interest courses
- the language courses in Luxembourgish, French and German (one of the country's three administrative languages) and English delivered by the National Institute for Languages (INL)
Find out about the INL courses
Recipients of the voucher
The reduction voucher is granted to the following:
- jobseekers assigned to a course by the Employment Agency (Agence pour le développement de l'emploi - ADEM) , who receive an allowance if they attend an INL language course;
- recipients of the social inclusion income (revenu d’inclusion sociale - REVIS) assigned to a course by the National Office for Social Inclusion (Office national d'inclusion sociale - ONIS);
- applicants for international protection recognised as needy by the National Reception Office (Office national de l’accueil - ONA);
- anyone who has signed a reception and integration contract (contrat d’accueil et d’intégration - CAI), for language courses in one of the country's three administrative languages (Luxembourgish, French and German);
- anyone who has been recognised as needy by the integration department of the Ministry of Family Affairs, Integration and the Greater Region (Ministère de la Famille, de l’Intégration et à la Grande Région - MIFA) or one of the municipal or regional social offices.
The vouchers may be referred to as ADEM vouchers, MIFA vouchers, ONIS vouchers, ONA vouchers, or Social Office vouchers. The voucher must be presented at the time of enrolling.
Vouchers are issued for a specific subject, and remain valid for six months. Recipients undertake to attend at least 70% of the classes, and by doing so become eligible to receive a further voucher.
At the National Institute for Languages (INL), unless otherwise agreed, the reduced enrolment fee applies for just one day-time course per semester, and only for learners who attend at least 80% of the classes organised each month.
The enrolment fee for a course does not cover the cost of textbooks, photocopies and other supplies necessary for attending the course.