Data analytics and AI journey - Module 1: Data Foundations
Data analytics can help make a big difference, but not all of us are data scientists and that’s fine as long as we’re familiar with the basics. This course is designed to give a basic conceptual overview of Data Analytics and its applications in solving real world business problems.
Use this one day training to get introduced and gain hands-on experience with a number of foundational tools for data analytics and data visualisation skills. This includes Power Pivot, Power Query, Power BI, and Alteryx. We can also customize the training set to integrate your in-house solution.
At the end of this module, participants will learn:
- The different capabilities of a number of foundational tools for data analytics and data visualization skills
- Deal with data that is not yet formatted and turn it to usable (flat) format
- Create a standardized methodology for improved consistency and quality
- Understand the difference between Data tables vs. Lookup tables
- Create a clean workflow with PowerPivot & Power Query
- Combine multiple inputs from different sources together
- Share and Manage queries
- Build a data model, relationships and hierarchies
- Import and prepare large data sets
1. How to load tables to a data model, rename and refresh them
2. How to create relationships between tables
3. How to create hierarchies and measures within tables
4. How to create a Pivot table from a built data model
5. How to add slicers, timelines and filters to your Pivot
6. How to use formulas to calculate new fields
7. How to define KPIs in your data model
A qui s'adresse la formation?
Business practitioners that are confronted to data in their daily work such as:
- Financial analysts
- Credit analysts
A basic knowledge of common office tools is necessary to participate.
Number of participants: limited to 12 participants to ensure a good interaction.