Luxembourgish law per practice area
In order to be able to follow the growth of the Luxembourg financial centre, law offices have long since begun to look for much needed talents abroad. As a consequence, the ULCC designed a training to help these international talents integrate the Luxembourg legal framework. The programme also enables local talents to specialize in specific legal fields.
At the end of the training, participants will have grasped the subtleties of the Luxembourg legal framework whilst also having had the opportunity to gain extensive legal knowledge in a chosen field of expertise.
The training follows a modular system including 2 mandatory modules that can be completed with up to 4 optional topics.
The training has been designed with a modular system including 2 mandatory modules that can be completed with up to 4 optional topics.
Introductory Module (mandatory)
- Identify the specificities of the Luxembourg legal center (its history, the factors of its emergence, the impact on the law)
- Understand the different institutions and sources of Luxembourg law
- Understand the Luxembourg judicial organisation
Corporate Law Module (mandatory)
- Identify the different forms of legal companies in Luxembourg
- Explain the different stages a company goes through
- Identify the role of corporate decision-making bodies
- To complete your training, you can add the following modules to your package:
Contract Law Module (optional)
- Identify the different types of contracts: civil and commercial contracts, distribution contracts, commercial agent contracts, general conditions of sale and purchase…
- Manage the contract life cycle: creation, negotiation, approval, execution and closing phase
- Identify needs and issues, information requirements, confidentiality
- Determine the responsibility of contractors
Tax Law Module (optional)
- Master the fundamental principles of Luxembourg tax law
- Identify Luxembourg’s attractiveness in an international context
- Understand corporate tax mechanisms as well as some specifically Luxembourgish concepts
Banking Law Module (optional)
- Understand the position of Luxembourg in the international banking sector
- Identify the stakeholders involved in Luxembourg’s banking sector
- Understand what international financing means for Luxembourg (acquisition, asset and fund financing) and what differentiates Luxembourg’s securities
- Explain the main features of a securitisation process within the Luxembourg framework
- Grasp the position of Luxembourg regarding banking law in relation to the European directives
- Understand how shares and securities are issued in Luxembourg
- Get an overview of the principal features of the circulation of financial securities in Luxembourg (including blockchain)
- Identify how Luxembourg’s capital markets (including green bonds) work and what makes them attractive
Investment Funds Module (optional)
- Define the key concepts in the field of Luxembourg investment vehicles
- Discuss the success of investment funds
- Understand the main Luxembourg investment vehicles
- Understand the specificities of corporate structures
- Identify the specific features of Luxembourg legislation in this field
A qui s'adresse la formation?
Newly hired foreign lawyers; any lawyer willing to specialise in one or several areas of Luxembourg law