ITIL Practitioner (Exam included)
After completing the course, students are familiar with the following aspects of ITIL®:
- Understand how to define services in terms of value, cost, outcomes and risk
- Using the guiding principles of service improvement
- Anchoring programmes to the service improvement approach
- Appreciate and act on organizational change principles
- Be able to define and report using meaningful metrics
- Plan effective communications for improvement
- Be ready to sit the ITIL® practitioner examination
This course is designed as preparation to sit the ITIL® practitioner examination which is included in the course delivery. It will tell students "how" to implement service improvements based around ITIL®’s philosophy of "Adopt and Adapt".
It has an holistic syllabus covering 9 guiding principles of service improvement, the Service Improvement Approach, Communication, Metrics and Measurement, Communication, and Organizational Change Management.
- Service Management Concepts
- Adopt and Adapt
- VOCR – Value, outcomes, costs and risks
- Guiding Principles
- Focus on value
- Design for experience
- Start where you are
- Work holistically
- Progress iteratively
- Observe directly
- Be transparent
- Keep it Simple
- Service improvement Approach
- What is the vision?
- Where are we now?
- Where do we want to be?
- How do we get there?
- How do we know we’ve arrived?
- How do we keep the momentum going?
- Organizational Change Management (OCM)
- What is OCM?
- Sources of resistance
- People transition
- Stakeholder management
- Sponsor management
- Resistance management
- Metrics and Measurements
- What is measurement for?
- CSFs and KPIs
- Metric cascades and hierarchies
- Metric categories
- Issues caused by poor communication
- Benefits of good communication
- Communication essentials
- Communication principles
- Communication types
- Tips for the exam
- Sample exam
This course is offered as an instructor-led course.
An wen richtet sich die Weiterbildung?
This course is recommended for:
- Those engaged in IT development
- IT operations and IT service management
- Individuals wishing to have detailed understanding of the principles of service improvement
- ITIL foundation (V3 equivalent, V3 or 2011) is a mandatory requirement.
- 4 hours mandatory pre-course work.
The course leads up to the Axelos ITIL® practitioner exam which is sat during the course. Successfully passing (70%) the 1 hour 45 minute, open book examination, consisting of 40 case study based multiple-choice questions.
Business Training will provide a training certificate to each participant.
- Free car park.
- Lunch and coffee breaks are included.