- To understand the nature and challenges of innovation management as the backbone of innovative companies
- To overcome the challenges of identifying innovation potential and to foster innovation processes within the organization
- To manage innovation processes, including open innovation
- To use protection instruments for intellectual property
- To manage licensing activities
This course aims to provide students with a better understanding of Innovation Management. Students will be guided through the entire innovation process, from invention disclosure up to successful commercial transformation. Open innovation and co-development strategies will be included; likewise strategies for protection and licensing of intellectual property.
The course strives to be as practical as possible and is supported by actual cases. Though it remains intellectually rigorous, this course also provides theoretical background when needed, while maintaining a critical approach to the tools and techniques commonly used by professional practitioners.