Structured Products - Fundamentals
At the end of this course, you will have a good understanding of structured products, having analysed:
- What they consist of and their main component parts.
- Their development and peculiarities within the overall framework of issues offered (EMTNs, funds, certificates/warrants…) as well as the impact of the Lamfalussy plan on public issues. In what way they are of interest to both issuers and investors.
- Their own particular terminology (protected capital and capital at risk, guaranteed and non-guaranteed coupon, callable structured product, launch/payment date and maturity date, directional structured products, promise structured products, mixed structured products).
- The associated risks and risk classes to which they are likely to belong depending on their level of protection (secure structured products, dynamic structured products, speculative structured products).
- The circumstances of their launch as well as the parties involved (technical committee, risk committee, commercial committee) and events characterising their life cycle.
- The underlying assets on which it is possible to establish them and how to use them effectively in managing a portfolio.
- History and origin of structured products
- International development and regulatory framework
- Types of issue
- Structured products within the context of mifid
- European prospectus including "advantages and inconveniences"
- Diversity of the range of structured products
- Democratisation and diversity of structured products
- Issuers’ interest
- Clients’ interest
- Issue volumes
- Identification of the vocabulary used for characterising structured products
- Guaranteed capital
- Non-guaranteed capital
- Guaranteed coupon
- Non-guaranteed coupon
- Launch of a structured product
- The idea of the launch
- Validation of the launch
- Minimum amount to be achieved
- Examination of the launch conditions
- Development of the underlying assets
- Rate/foreign exchange
- Structured products as a portfolio management instrument
- Awareness of use as an investment tool
- Introduction to trading on the structured products market
- The importance of the maturity date and behaviour on maturity
Für den Inhalt dieser Weiterbildungsbeschreibung haftet alleine der Verfasser, d. h. der Weiterbildungsanbieter House of Training.