Tools for personnel selection
This seminar offers an overview of the different selection tools and of their reliance in predicting job success in order to enable the participants to choose the tools best adapted to their needs. Participants will have the opportunity to see different examples of tests and tools used during Assessment Centres.
- Purpose of assessing an application
- What is meant by competence?
- Types of applications received according to sources used
- Assessment of the CV and letter of motivation
- Criteria that can be developed
- Presentation of the application
- Standards for CV & cover letter
- elements & eliminatory criteria
- Work certificate
- Extract from the criminal record
- Certificate of membership
- Selection interview
- Different forms of interview
- Directed, semi-structured, free interview
- Individual interview, panel interview, group interview
- Video conference interview
- Selection criteria
- Personality criteria
- Professional criteria
- Success factors for competence assessment
- Interview based on (past) behavioural analysis
- Types of questions to ask and to avoid
- Recruitment mistakes following an interview
- Questionnaires and tests
- Difference between questionnaire and test Fidelity and validity
- Personality questionnaires Tests
- Definition and characteristics of a psychometric test
- Tests used in selection
- Intelligence tests
- Knowledge tests
- Aptitude tests
- Competence tests and work trials
- Practical examples
- Participants; Candidates and observers
- Tools used
- Practical examples
- Nonscientific methods
- Predictive validity of different selection tools
- Conclusions: Which tools to choose
A qui s'adresse la formation?
Recruitment professionals wishing to have an overview on different selection methods and tools used in Luxembourg.
A certificate will be delivered to each participant.
- Number of participants limited to 6
- Interactive and practical seminar.
Le contenu de ce descriptif de formation est de la seule responsabilité de son auteur, l'organisme de formation HR Services.