Risk Management - Workshop on Risk Management for Funds
An integral part of the House of Training/ALRiM Risk Management Certification Programme is a one-day workshop in which the participants apply the knowledge that they acquired during the programme.
This workshop will be followed by an assessment based on a personal presentation.
Prerequisite to attend this course:
- Having attended all the risk management courses in the programme and having passed the corresponding exams.
- This workshop is the last step in the programme, and a requirement to complete the certification.
The workshop includes a review of all the material covered in the programme and several exercises to be carried out in small groups. Each participant will be given a fictitious, but realistic risk event that could occur in a fund. The participants will analyse the risk and create a project to address it. The projects will be presented to a jury of risk experts, who will evaluate the participants’ presentations and assign marks to them.
Each project presentation will be structured as follows:
- Project Description
- Risk Description
- Detailed Description of the Risk
- Risk Factors and Causes
- Actual and Potential Losses
- Risk Resolution
- Analysis of the Risk and Possible Causes
- Strategy for Addressing the Risk
- Concrete Steps to Address the Risk
- Preventive Measures to Be Implemented
A qui s'adresse la formation?
This training course has been designed for a broad audience, i.e. for anyone wishing to practice their knowledge acquired during the previous modules in Risk Management.
Each participant will be allotted 30 minutes to present his/her personal prepared project to the jury and answer questions from the jury.