Project management: ensuring business benefits
In today’s environment, projects are no longer an optional addition to the daily business routine. More and more organisations live and die by the way they manage their projects. Given the strategic importance and the net business value of many of these projects, it makes sense to invest in the relevant project management skills that will determine whether projects succeed or fail.
Our training objective is to help people understand and apply the global principles and best practices of project management concepts and processes. This will be achieved through real-life exercises based upon a practical and entertaining business case. Participants will not only practice their hard skills (tools, techniques) but also their soft skills (presentation, team management, consensus finding, etc.) in a safe environment.
The programme defines and explains the six pillars of project excellence that must be considered throughout the life of a project. The six pillars include factors, both within and outside the direct control of the project manager, which will affect the outcome of the project.
By the end of the course participants will:
- understand the range of factors which contribute to project success or failure
- be able to apply a simple four-stage model for the project process
- be familiar with a standardised project management methodology
- recognise the six pillars which need to be managed throughout a project
- understand the importance of clear, agreed objectives and use milestones to structure project plans and measure progress
- be able to apply a range of techniques to plan, estimate and schedule activities
- be able to apply a range of tools to manage risks, scope and stakeholders
- be able to monitor and control the underlying phases of a project lifecycle.
The tools and techniques covered by the course are applicable to any type of project context, project type or industry sector
- Introduction and overview
- Role and duties of a project manager
- Qualification and commitment
- Goal Directed Project Management concepts (milestone planning, responsibility matrices)
- Estimation methods;Development of an integrated project plan
- Work and schedule, scope
- Managing stakeholders
- Review of day 1
- Business benefits
- Risk assessment and management
- Project simulation game
- Team composition and profile
- Performance measures
- Monitoring and control
- Presentation to the steering committee
- Extensive debriefing
- Checkpoint and close
An wen richtet sich die Weiterbildung?
- Team leaders
- Wishing to develop capabilities in managing successfully small to medium size projects
An attendance certificate will be sent to participants.