Data Privacy in Luxembourg: GDPR and Beyond
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is certainly the most significant Personal Data legislation since 20 years. Organisations will have to start their compliance journey now before the regulation comes into force in May 2018. To what extent are you prepared to pay a fine that might reach 4% of your organisation turnover?
Attend our training and get practical advice on how to set up a compliant programme within your organisation.
At the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Explain the main principles of the regulations and their impacts.
- Determine the steps to implement in order to ensure compliance.
- Establish a GDPR compliance program.
- Review and analyse the current Personal Data Protection program taking into account the new requirements.
Regulatory framework for Personal Data processing
- Understand the regulatory context related to the processing of Personal Data and, in particular, the new principles (i.e. data minimisation, personal data protection by design, etc.).
- Know the processing conditions and data subject rights and, in particular, the new rights (i.e. portability, the right to be forgotten, etc.).
- Determine personal data types, their locations as well as their retention period.
- Respect archiving rules and the destruction of Personal Data.
Communication of Personal Data
- Communicate Personal Data to third parties.
- Transfer Personal Data out of the EEA.
- Identify the actors (internal or external) that are involved in Personal Data processing.
- Understand the responsibility of the service provider.
How to demonstrate Accountability?
- Evaluate maturity.
- Implement adequate rules.
- Ensure sustainable compliance.
Implementation of the needed measures to ensure security and confidentiality of Personal Data
- Understand the legal obligation to protect Personal Data.
- Understand the specificities of the management of Personal Data by third parties and the risks related to cloud computing.
- Understand the importance of impact studies and vulnerability studies.
An wen richtet sich die Weiterbildung?
- Data Protection Officers
- Chief Information System Officers
- Compliance Officers
An attendance certificate will be sent to participants.