Counter Terrorism Financing (CTF) - Fundamentals
This dynamic training programme offers an unrivalled experience for employees in financial services, Compliance professionals and law enforcement officers to identify the key stages of terrorist activity through the analysis and assessment of financial records and transactions drawn from actual counter-terrorism investigations. Participants will work through a simulated "live" investigation in order to identify how terrorists become radicalised and recognise the red flags that indicate a potential threat of a terrorist act.
This fully immersive course has been designed to be a 40/60 split between instructors delivering actual case studies and participants employing situational awareness techniques in analysis, critical thinking, and investigation skills.
After the training the participant shall be able to:
- understand the typologies and trends of terrorist financing
- effectively utilise financial intelligence in a reactive and proactive operation
- become more proficient in recognising and reporting potential terrorist financing
- understand the need for better transaction monitoring and human intervention in terrorism investigations
- be able to recognise terrorist cell indicators from the examination of financial data gathered from actual incidents
- engage in knowledge transfer sessions with CTF investigators
- bridge the gap between the generic feedback provided by FIU/regulators to fulfill the appetite of better reporting within the institution
- Identifying intelligence opportunities: examining terrorist cell indicators
- Typologies and indicators: identifying terrorist funding
- The preparation and planning phase of a terrorist cell: recognise indicators of terrorist preparation and planning
- Exploitation of charities/NGOs: the journey from radicalisation into extremism
- Taking an investigation from reactive to proactive: reviewing terrorist cell activity
- Cell dynamics/ radicalisation: from radicalisation to final attack
- Analysis of all financial data from the simulation
About Grahame White
As Head of Analysis International Training and Business Development, Grahame has been at the forefront of CTF Indicator Training and the concept of CTF Key Indicator delivery into Financial Institutions in Europe. Grahame has 30 years of Police Investigations experience and former Detective at the National Terrorist Financial Investigations Unit (NTFIU) at New Scotland Yard.
He acted as financial investigator for Operation Crevice (The fertilizer plot), 7/7 suicide attacks (London Transport Network) and Operation Overt (the Airliner Plot) and holds a Master’s degree in Fraud Management.