Private Equity Foundation
PE Foundation course is composed of 4 sessions.
- Session 1 focuses on private markets, the different strategies, value chain, ecosystem and economics.
- The 2nd session focuses on the three dimensions of private markets investing, which will include concepts like liquidity, returns, risks, costs and benchmarking.
- In the 3rd session we will look into the asset allocation through different perspectives and approaches.
- The last session focuses on fundraising and marketing and will include information on the sources of funding, strategies, documentation, due diligence etc.
Session 1: Private markets
- Private equity, private debt, private real assets: strategies and instruments
- The private equity value chain
- Levels of intermediation: direct/co-investments, funds and funds of funds
- Funds, fund managers and ecosystem
- Functioning of a fund manager
- Current debates: reputation, clichés and reality
Session 2: The three dimensions of private markets investing
- Liquidity: measurements and constraints
- Returns: measurements (IRR, MOIC, PME), comparison, dynamics and interpretation
- Risks and costs: measurements and limits
- Benchmarking: data sources, quartiles and limits
- Current debates: lines of credit, cost of unused capital
Session 3: Asset allocation and private markets
- Perspective on private markets: volumes, evolution, regions and strategies
- Setting up a portfolio
- Top-down and bottom-up approaches
- Illustration with real portfolios
- Current debates: numerator and denominator effects
Session 4: Fundraising and marketing
- Sources of funding - the LP universe
- Fund marketing strategy and the use of placement agents
- Documentation and due diligence
- Fund marketing and investor relations
- Most frequent terms
- Legal aspects and the effects of regulation on the marketing strategy
Online sessions with Q&A.
Certificate of completion & CPD points.