Operational Risk essentials
Operational Risk is everywhere in any organisation as it is linked to processes, people, systems, or external events. We cannot avoid them all, but their impact can be reduced, if properly managed. If this is not the case, your organisation can suffer actual losses, damage its reputation or face costly disruption.
Over the summer last year, the Basel Committee has reinforced the importance to have an appropriate and up to date operational risk framework in place with robust controls and monitoring processes. In addition, the increase of home-based working, the development of new technologies or the availability of large amount of data have caused sizeable impact on business processes and controls. The operational risk landscape has changed and continues to evolve.
This training gives an overview of the different components forming an effective operational risk management framework. It provides some tools and methods and market best practices for the financial industry.
By the end of this training, the participants will:
- Have a better understanding of the different components of an operational Risk Framework
- Be able to construct a Risk and Control Self-Assessment matrix
- Be equipped to identify and assess key risks within their organisation
- Regulatory environment
- Operational Risk Management Framework Structured methodology
- Risk Governance Culture, roles and responsibilities
- Operational Risk Strategy and Risk Appetite Operational Risk lifecycle
- Risk Identification
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Mitigation
- Risk Monitoring and Reporting
- Risk and Control Self-Assessment
- ORM IT solutions
- Capital requirements for Operational Risk
- Emerging trends within Operational Risk
A qui s'adresse la formation?
- Banks - AWM clients
- Chief Risk Officers (CROs)
- Risk Managers
- Operational risk managers and analysts
- Personnel and executives from the second line of defence