IT regulation and IT outsourcing in Luxembourg - what you need to know
This training aims to provide an introduction to the main IT regulatory requirements applicable to CSSF supervised entities with a specific focus on the topics of ICT and security risk management (CSSF 20/750), IT outsourcing and cloud computing (CSSF 22/806), fraud and incident reporting (CSSF 11/504) and teleworking requirements (CSSF 21/769). This presentation will be supported by good market practices and practical examples. The goal is to increase your comfort level when confronted with IT specific regulations and to strengthen your company’s oversight and IT risk management capabilities. This training course is designed as an essential step to assist you to address the following challenges, among others:
- What is the current IT regulatory framework in Luxembourg?
- Which IT regulations are applicable to your organisation (including investment fund managers, banks, PSFs, e-money and payment institutions)?
- What are the main ICT risks to be considered in the risk management framework of your organisation?
- How to assess the ICT risks? What controls should be foreseen?
- What does IT outsourcing mean from a regulatory perspective?
- What are the key considerations prior to your IT outsourcing arrangements?
- What are the key aspects to know prior to your implementation of a telework solution within your organisation?
By the end of this training, the participants will be able to:
- have a clear overview of the main applicable IT regulations
- understand the key considerations and the common pitfalls while strengthening the IT regulatory framework
- identify the main aspects of managing IT/cloud outsourcing and ICT related risks
- describe the key documentation requirements
IT regulatory landscape in Luxembourg
- Main provisions defined by laws and circulars, concepts and available guidance
- Key challenges and common pitfalls
ICT and security risk management as per CSSF 20/750
- Governance and risk management
- Information security
- ICT operations /change / project management
- Business continuity management
- Payment services users relationship management
- Main ICT risks and oversight
- Key documentation to maintain (incl. procedures and policies, risk register, risk reporting, ICT assets inventory)
IT outsourcing and cloud computing as per CSSF 22/806
- Concept of IT outsourcing materiality
- Key focus of IT outsourcing lifecycle
- Outsourcing and professional secrecy requirements
- IT outsourcing vs. cloud outsourcing
- Assessment of the applicability of cloud specific regulations
- Role and responsibilities
- CSSF prior notification request process
- Main outsourcing risks and oversight
- Key documentation to maintain (incl. materiality assessment, due diligence, risk assessment, cloud register)
Fraud and incident management as defined by CSSF 11/504
Teleworking requirements (CSSF 21/769)
A qui s'adresse la formation?
- Chief risk officer and (operational) risk managers
- Regulatory responsible and compliance officers
- Internal auditors
- Head of IT, information security officers and Information technology officers
- IT services providers serving the entities under the supervision of the CSSF
Certificate of attendance
This course is coordinated by Cecile Liegeois, Parner at PwC Luxembourg.
Cécile has 22 years of professional experience in Luxembourg and developed deep knowledge of Luxembourg banking and investment firms regulations, amongst other topics, internal governance, outsourcing arrangements (BPO/ICT/Cloud) and operational/ICT risk management. She is leading projects of new regulations implementation focusing on business, regulatory and operational impacts. Cécile has experience in the external audit (financial and regulatory audit) of entities of the financial sector, mainly in the banking industry, other professionals of the financial sector (investment firms, support and specialised PFS), management companies and investment funds.