IFRS for investment funds
This course covers in detail IFRS bound to Investment funds and asset management. The instructors will use concrete examples to explain to the participants the theoretical part and so insure them a better understanding of these new knowledge.
This module is open to participants having already a good knowledge in IFRS.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the key technical elements of IFRS specifically relating to the Investment Fund industry;
- Identify and explain issues and the practical implications of IFRS specific to the Investment Funds industry;
- Determine both the IFRS accounting treatment and financial statement disclosures required.
- Investment Funds under IFRS
- Partnership, Trust and other fund structures
Presentation of financial statements for Investment funds:
- Illustrative Financial Statements for funds under IFRS
- Revised IAS 1
- IAS 7
- IAS 8; IAS 10
- IAS 21- IAS 21
Consolidation (Agent versus Principal, Auto pilot, master-feeder) and related disclosures:
- IAS 27, 28, 31 and SIC 12
- Master - Feeder / Umbrella fund / Combined Financial Statements
Financial instruments, fair value, debt/equity analysis
Other IFRS topics applicable to Investment funds
- Heads of accounting and their teams
- Professionals of the financial sector
- Management controllers
- Teams of internal auditors and internal control
- Heads of consolidation
- Tax consultants
An attendance certificate will be sent to participants.