Data Visual Analytics - How to increase and improve your use of data in decision making
This will be an interactive workshop where participants will learn from each other’s experiences as well as those of the facilitator.
To create these discussions, participants will work in small breakout groups discussing key questions or working on case studies. Review sessions with the whole group will not only summarize key learnings points, but will give participants an opportunity to practice data storytelling and presentation skills. Video’s as well as demonstration of some tools will help illustrate the topics covered.
The workshop will be run in sessions on consecutive days so as to allow some reflection on the learnings made, as well as adapt the workshop to the specific expectations and needs of the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Articulate why Data Visual Analytics is so powerful in business decision making.
- Have a holistic view of Visual Data process and the different tools required to deliver results
- How to forage for data and incorporate different data sources into visual analytics
- Why the brain prefers to analyse data visually and how to do this more effectively
- How to be more effective in gaining insights from data by viewing it from different perspectives using interactive dashboards
- How story telling dramatically increases the likelihood of insights being actioned
- Making collaboration a key element of the problem solving process
- Tools available on the market
- Introduction to Data Visual Analytics and why it is more than visualization
- What is visual analytics and why it augments human perception
- Visual Data Analytics Process cycle
- How to define the business problem to be solved
- Data Preparation
- Why it is important & best practice
- Explore and Visualise
- Visual Exploration: enable the query, exploration and visualization in a single process
- Visualisation methods: What to use and how to increase impact
- Visual Perspective-Shifting: Why it is important to be able to view the same data stream through different visualisation techniques to find the best insights?
- Automatic Visualisation: How not to get stuck in tables and old ways of thinking
- Develop Insights, Act and undertake Tasks
- Visual Expressiveness: why people need to visualize and contrast multiple dimensions (eg time, sales, profit), to solve complex problems. – explore best practices
- Visual Perspective Linking: Problem solving is enhanced when images are intimately linked so a selection on one shows related relevant data in the others
- Collaborative Visualisation: How tools that enable collaboration in analytics allow best practices and models to be shared or re-used
- Applying Visual Analytics in your environment – 1st steps
A qui s'adresse la formation?
All business professionals wanting to increase and improve their use of data in decision making, whether they be experienced data analysts or non-analysts looking to improve their skills.
At the end of the training, the participants will receive a certificate of participation delivered by the House of Training.