Creating High Performance Teams
Expected Course Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the specific characteristics of high performance teams.
2. Assess their team’s current level of team work.
3. Build a cohesive team within a particular group and across different groups.
4. Establish clear and agreed upon goals and roles and high performance norms.
5. Utilize open communication, participative decision making, win-win conflict resolution approaches, and build trust.
6. Provide effective direction as a team manager or team lead.
7. Develop and demonstrate high performance team spirit.
8. Align all staff under a shared purpose and an understanding of the direction and approach the group is taking as a team.
9. Work effectively with the diverse individuals to create unified team functioning.
10. Apply the knowledge and skills presented and discussed based on field tested “action ideas.”
Brief Program Description
This program presents in-depth description of what makes a high performance team. It provides knowledge and skill building about how to create high performance team structure, interaction, direction, and spirit.
The course includes a team assessment to evaluate team performance. The assessment can be used as an on-going measurement tool to monitor team improvements over time. Pre-program discussions (and the above mentioned assessment) with Mission personnel are used to design the meet the specific and diverse needs of the organization.
A qui s'adresse la formation?
This program is ideally suited for in-tact work teams or groups that are interdependent to get work results done. The program also adds value to those assigned to guide and direct teams as either formal managers of the team or those assigned as “team leads.”
The program utilizes state-of-the-art, high involvement, teaching methodologies including a multi-media powerpoint presentation, small and large group activities, video segments to illustrate key content points, large group skill demonstrations, small group role plays, and field tested “action ideas” so that participants can directly apply the program and realize “take home value” from their investment of time at the program. The program includes a substantial follow-up process provided by the instructor to reinforce application and continue to learning process after the course.
About the Consultant, Dr Warren Blank
Dr Warren Blank is President of The Leadership Group which he founded in 1985. Since 1974, Warren has consulted with organizations throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa and Asia. He has a Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior, an MBA in Management, and an MS in Education. He has extensive, proven experience working with Fortune 500 Companies such as Shell Oil Company, GE, Hyatt Hotels and Lockheed Martin, and government agencies such as the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), and all branches of the military.
What other Leaders are saying:
"The most inspirational speaker I have encountered in over 30 years. Inspires senior executives to reach beyond their current capabilities and reach organizational and strategic goals with ease. Warren is the epitome of 'world class'!"
Boyd Keith Jeffries, Deputy Federal Security Director, US Department. of Homeland Security