Crafting and Implementing Strategy
The aim of this course:
- Develop strategic thinking skills and tools.
- Align the company’s strategy with your division or departments objectives.
- Evaluate strategic alternatives, predict and manage strategic change.
- Develop tailored strategy according to specific industry (fund, bank, real estate, etc.)
- Define the company’s competitive position
- Define the company's strategy into projects and action plans
- Analyse corporate culture and values
- Practice deciding according to the imperatives.
The aim of this course is to develop strategic thinking skills, evaluation of strategic alternatives, prediction, and management of strategic change. Participants will learn concepts, theories and new approaches to strategic management. As well, develop the ability to apply strategic thinking when analyzing the dynamic and complex current business situation and the implementation of new key business concepts.
The purpose of this course is to better understand the competitive forces in the world in which an organization operates, with special emphasis on maintaining a superior competitive position of companies. Strategic leadership and entrepreneurship will be addressed through the analysis of corporate culture and values. They will develop a systematic and holistic approach to understanding the interaction of external and internal environment of the company.
- Individual coaching and Q.A.
- Practical exercises
- Study of real business situations
- Use of strategic instruments and methodologies
- Understand what strategy means and why it is so important?
- Be able to think, plan and act strategically and thereby forecast the strategic change.
- Get to know the most important strategic instruments and methodologies.
- Having the knowledge what it takes to successfully implement a strategy.
- Be aware that company and individual agility is a base for any strategic success and how to develop and maintain it.
A qui s'adresse la formation?
- Decision makers who want to get a more insight and up to date knowledge on dealing with strategic issues.
- Managers from operations and project managers who want to understand why and how their daily work is affected by and is affecting the strategy of a company.
- Non-economists who wants to understand the way of thinking and behaving strategy-driven business people.
The participants will obtain a certificate from the Luxembourg School of Business. Our school is certified by the Ministry of Education as a lifelong learning organism and member of AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business).
Miquel Llado is a Lecturer at the Department of Strategic Management at IESE. He holds an Advanced Degree in Economics and Business from the University of Barcelona. He combines teaching with Strategic Management consulting through his own firm Peak Business Advisory, since 2008. Experience in 20 sectors-industries. Member of the Advisory Board at Vallformosa, NetipBox, Kubbo, and Norma Uniarte.
Keynote speaker for companies and institutions in Spain, Portugal, Russia, Armenia, Ukraine, Croatia, Slovenia, Greece, UK, Italy, Romania, Brazil, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Serbia, Georgia, Slovakia, China, and Peru.
He has an extensive Executive background: Group President and CEO at Sara Lee Bakery Europe, CEO at Bimbo Spain & Portugal, Vice president Marketing & Sales at Bimbo Spain & Portugal, Vice president New Businesses at PepsiCo Foods Spain & Portugal, Director of Sales & Special Projects at PepsiCo Foods International in USA.
He has completed Executive Education programs at IESE (PADE), Harvard Business School, Wharton School, Kellogg School of Management, ESADE, Mc Gill University and IEDC Bled School of Management, Slovenia. Miquel Llado was elected Spain’s Best Executive 2000 by the Spain Business Association AED.