Building board Leadership skills for Company Secretaries working in the non-regulated sector
If the meetings you lead as company secretary are going be genuinely effective, then your role is vital.
All who are involved in leading meetings in the non-regulated sector should be proactive in giving the necessary attention to the essential elements of meeting preparation, meeting execution and post-meeting evaluation. Taking ownership of the development of the range of leadership skills will contribute positively to the effectiveness of meetings held and by extension, the quality of the decision-making processes within your Luxembourg based clients.
This one-day course looks at the skills company secretaries need for delivering a successful meeting through the 3 following aspects; careful planning (before the meeting), leadership capability (during the meeting) and critical evaluation (after the meeting). This program is a combination of classroom teaching, interactive exercises and sharing of experience through roundtable discussion.
- What are the legal requirements for board meetings in the non-regulated sector?
- What is the role of the company secretaries who have to lead a board meeting?
- What should the role include?
- Leadership challenges
- What are the problems and challenges for a company secretary to lead a board meeting in the non-regulated sector?
- The skills of a leadership role
- 1. Careful planning
- Understanding the nature, purpose and objectives of the meeting
- What goes into the planning of a board meeting?
- 2. Leadership capability
- What is leading capability?
- Know your ‘enemy’: identification
- Know your ‘enemy’: chair’s strategy!
- Keeping the meeting on-track
- Maintaining focus
- How to use the post meeting 18 point self evaluation checklist
Attendees will be asked to participate in three realistic simulated role plays to explore the skills set developed in the morning session.
A certificate of participation will be provided to the participants at the completion of the course.