Biometrics: the new normal
Hardly any technology has been developed as rapidly as biometrics in the recent AI revolution. Face, fingerprint and iris detection are routinely integrated in mobile devices and enable a fast and secure authentication. They also ensure more convenient processing at European and international borders.
In this introductory course, we give an overview of the most common technologies, challenges surrounding GDPR and data privacy and outline the most common applications of biometrics in authentication, access control, border security, financial services, and beyond.
Our lead experts Andreas Braun and Serge Hanssens have developed a workshop as a quick primer to get up to speed on the topic, outlining opportunities and challenges of this far-reaching technology.
By the end of this course participants will:
- have insight on the most relevant vocabulary surrounding biometrics
- get a quick view on the recent history of the technology
- identify opportunities and challenges
- consider application of biometrics in their business
The module covers the following:
- Overview of the history of biometrics
- Biometric vocabulary and the most common technologies in use (face, iris, fingerprint, voice, etc.).
- Comparison of biometrics and uses cases
- Performance and security
- Privacy by default
- How to leverage biometrics in organizations
A qui s'adresse la formation?
- C suite members
- Transformation managers
- Digital officers
An attendance certificate will be sent to participants.