Win-Win Conflict Management
Expected Course Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Recognize how and why conflict exists.
2. Identify the positive and negative impact of conflict within their organization.
3. Assess their preference among different conflict management approaches.
4. Recognize how and why all approaches have value.
5. Implement behaviors to “set the stage” to resolve conflict in a win-win fashion.
6. Demonstrate the capacity to understand other’s interests and issues.
7. Find the “breakthrough point” that results in a win-win resolution to conflict.
8. Adapt their conflict resolution approach to work effectively with the diverse individuals.
9. Apply the knowledge and skills presented and discussed based on field tested “action ideas.”.
Brief Program Description
This program provides an in-depth description of the realities of conflict: (it can be a positive and enhance innovation and it can be destructive. The course provides knowledge and skill building in various conflict resolution strategies, when each is of value, and the limits of each. It describes how “win-win” conflict resolution can be the most useful approach since it typically results in more positive outcomes.
An assessment of individual’s “typical” conflict resolution approach offers valuable insights into behaviors that need to be modified and/or enhanced to achieve win-win outcomes.
A qui s'adresse la formation?
This program is designed for all organizational members since everyone experiences important differences with others. An ideal participant mix will include members of various in-tact work groups that face multiple, competing work demands.
Une attestation de présence sera envoyée aux participants après la formation.
The program utilizes state-of-the-art, high involvement, teaching methodologies including a multi-media powerpoint presentation, small and large group activities, video segments to illustrate key content points, large group skill demonstrations, small group role plays, and field tested "action ideas" so that participants can directly apply the program and realize "take home value" from their investment of time at the program. The program includes a substantial follow-up process provided by the instructor to reinforce application and continue to learning process after the course.
About the Consultant, Dr Warren Blank
Dr Warren Blank is President of The Leadership Group which he founded in 1985. Since 1974, Warren has consulted with organizations throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa and Asia. He has a Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior, an MBA in Management, and an MS in Education. He has extensive, proven experience working with Fortune 500 Companies such as Shell Oil Company, GE, Hyatt Hotels and Lockheed Martin, and government agencies such as the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), and all branches of the military.
What other Leaders are saying:
"The most inspirational speaker I have encountered in over 30 years. Inspires senior executives to reach beyond their current capabilities and reach organizational and strategic goals with ease. Warren is the epitome of 'world class'!"
Boyd Keith Jeffries, Deputy Federal Security Director, US Department. of Homeland Security