The Essentials Luxembourg
The purpose of this two and a half-day program is to provide experienced executives and directors with the essential knowledge required to perform their function of director in Luxembourg in the most effective manner.
The program covers the role and responsibilities of directors and the key duties in the major legal and regulatory features specific to the Luxembourg business environment.
The program also offers the opportunity to explore the role and added value of a director with both peers and experts.
Attendance to this program is mandatory for the candidates wishing to obtain the Certificate for Directors delivered by ILA. Regardless of the ILA certification, this program is also open to experienced executives and directors who want to strengthen their understanding of the different aspects of director duties in the specific context of Luxembourg.
The program is delivered over eight interactive modules which are run by professors of the University of Luxembourg and/or by local practitioners and experts. Each module offers discussion opportunities and sharing of experience with both presenters and other course participants.
- Introduction to Luxembourgish company law
- Director’s duties and liabilities in Public companies
- Director’s role and responsibilities in financial sector institutions
- Director’s duties in the European Union – recent trends
- Elements of accounting for directors
- Elements of tax law for directors
- Code of corporate governance: importance and implementation
- The challenge of being an independent director
Presentation of a Board Room case study
The content involves not only academic presentations, but also case studies based on real life experience.
A qui s'adresse la formation?
This program is dedicated to experienced executives and directors who fulfill at least one of the following conditions. You have:
- Successfully completed the 1st module of the ILA certification program for directors;
- Acted as an executive, or a non-executive board member of companies having effective economic activities for at least five years; or
- A relevant executive management or board exposure experience within board of directors or committees of the board for at least five years
A certificate of attendance will be delivered to all participants
Benefits of the program:
- An understanding of the statutory framework for the role and responsibilities of directors in the Luxembourg business environment
- An intense and in-depth view of the key duties of directors and their legal responsibilities
- An opportunity to discuss case studies with local experts and peers and a useful networking opportunity
- A qualifying path for future ILA Certified Directors