Smartphone Security Essentials
Since the birth of the iPhone in 2007, the smartphone has become our mobile device of choice, allowing us to be more connected and productive than ever.
With these extremely powerful mini-computers in our pockets, containing private, confidential, and sometimes sensitive data, it has evolved into an increasing target for hackers and governmental agencies alike from all over the globe. And with more than 3.5 billion devices in use, it's easy to understand why smartphone users are likely to be targeted.
Therefore, it is important to understand the major threat vectors as well as how to reduce the risks of our smartphones getting hacked.
At the end of this workshop, you will learn:
- The risks involved with having a smartphone hacked
- The different attack vectors specific to smartphone security
- Best practices in terms of smartphone security through 10 security tips
This course is split into 3 modules:
Module 1: Smartphone Security Risks
- The 3 components of smartphone security
- Eight ways hackers make money
- Three indirect consequences of getting your smartphone compromised
- Module 1 Quiz
Module 2: Smartphone attack vectors
- Physical access
- Close proximity
- Software & the cloud
- Module 2 Quiz
Module 3: Smartphone security tips
- Use a strong passcode and leverage biometry
- Keep your smartphone up-to-date
- Beware of the apps and 7 more security tips
- Module 3 Quiz
- Thank you and next steps
This e-learning course has been split into 14 videos to make the content easier to digest.
A PDF version of the slides is available to download for people who like to take notes with a pen.
A qui s'adresse la formation?
- Private individuals
- Business owners & self-employed professionals
If you work for a large enterprise and your only smartphone was provided by your employer, then your device may already have some restrictions in place through a MDM solution (not covered in this course). If you have some doubts, the best is to contact your IT department for guidance before signing up for this course.
iPhone running at least iOS 12 or Android device running at least Android 8.0
There are quizzes after each module
A certificate of completion will be sent to the participants.
30-day money back guarantee