IFRS 9: Corporate perspective
"A guide through the maze" is the sentence that better summarises this training. You will get out of this training with a survival kit, helping you to understand and deal with topics such as impairment, hedge accounting, debt Vs equity, fair value and so many more.
"Financial instruments" was a complex world. Not anymore!
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- explain the principles governing the issues relating to the classification, the valuation and the presentation of financial instruments under IFRS;
- apply those principles.
- Classification and measurement overview
- Impairment overview
- Effective date and transition
A qui s'adresse la formation?
- Accounting persons in charge and their teams
- Professionals of the financial sector
- Equip with internal auditors and with internal control
- Persons in charge of consolidation and their teams
- Consultants in tax system
- Chartered accountants
This training is coordinated by Philippe Förster, lead partner of IFRS Learning Solutions of PwC Luxembourg.
It will be animated by experts of PwC Luxembourg daily involved in the implementation of the IFRS norms.
Philippe Forster is the IFRS leader for PwC Luxembourg and is partner in the Assurance practice. He has over 16 years experience in serving financial and multinational institutions providing audit and advisory services. He is part of the PwC Global Accounting and Consulting Services (GACS) and is a partner specialised in accounting for financial instruments and consolidation under IFRS.
He is member of several PwC International IFRS working groups: GACS, Financial Instruments Topical Team (FITT) and Corporate Treasury Technical Committee (CTTC). He participated to the elaboration of our global guide: hedge accounting in practice.
Philippe graduated from HEC-University of Liège-Belgium. He is a qualified “réviseur d’entreprises” in Luxembourg.