Assistance in acquiring Luxembourg nationality
The law requires those foreign nationals living in the Grand Duchy who wish to acquire Luxembourg nationality by naturalisation or option to:
- attend the course on "living together in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg",
- pass the "Sproochentest Lëtzebuergesch" language test.
More information about acquiring Luxembourg nationality.
Reimbursement of registration fees
The State will reimburse candidates' registration fees as follows, subject to the conditions and ceiling laid down by Grand-Ducal Regulation:
- for the Luxembourg language test (registration fee of 75 euros);
- an introductory course to the Luxembourg language (at least 24 hours) in oral expression and comprehension.
All Luxembourg language courses offered by the National Languages Institute (Institut national des langues - INL) are recognised.
Courses may also be organised by providers whose syllabus is approved by the Minister responsible for Education.
Requests for reimbursement should be submitted via the pre-established form to the office in charge of Luxembourg nationality (Service de l'Indigénat) at the Ministry of Justice.
Requests for reimbursement must include:
- a receipt issued by the INL or a copy of a bank transfer or payment (for the registration fees),
- proof of payment of the registration fees indicating the number of lessons attended (for the course fees).