Initiation and development training
Job seekers registered with the national employment agency (Agence pour le développement de l’emploi – ADEM) may attend training while they are unemployed, subject to availability, either free-of-charge or at a concessionary rate.
Initiation and development training enables participants to improve their chances on the labour market. These courses are offered in sectors where jobs are available, or are tailored to personnel requirements.
- made-to-measure training courses requested by an employer
- training courses for specific sectors: Crafts and Trades, Banking and Finance, Commerce, Building, Entrepreneurship, Horeca, Information Technology, Cleaning, Health and Socio-educational sector, Secretarial work, office technology and services, Transport and logistics for industry
- training courses providing activation / guidance (e.g. Skill you up, Fit 4 JobStart, etc.)
- language courses (e.g. Luxembourgish, Words4Work, etc.)
- training courses in partnership: the ADEM has entered into partnerships with the main training bodies (Chamber of Commerce, Chamber of Trades, Chamber of Employees, and the national institute of public administration (Institut national d'administration publique - INAP). In the context of this collaboration, and subject to certain conditions, job seekers may enrol free of charge.
The ADEM employment service assists and advises job seekers in their job search. These training courses are among the supervision measures offered in order to improve their employability. Job seekers attend training courses on the recommendation of their employment counsellor, who is required to validate the job seeker's enrolment.