Support for vocational training of job seekers
Any job seeker registered with the Employment Agency (Agence pour le développement de l'emploi - ADEM) who wishes to undertake vocational training may, subject to certain conditions, obtain support in the form of a partial reimbursement of the training costs.
The procedure for registration is carried out in conjunction with the ADEM's vocational counsellor.
The file must include:
- a reasoned request, including a presentation of the job seeker's vocational project;
- a full CV;
- an indication of the training body, together with the reasons for choosing it;
- full details of the content of the training course;
- duration of the training (start and finish);
- the cost of the training (including all taxes);
- if applicable, an indication of the diploma/certificate to be awarded on successful completion of the vocational training.
The financial support must be applied for before the training starts.
|The job seeker must pre-finance the total cost of the training. He/she may not receive any other public financial support for the training covered by the application for support for vocational training.
If the application is approved, the job seeker may apply to the ADEM for reimbursement once the training has been completed.
The request for reimbursement must include:
- proof of having paid for the vocational training,
- a statement of attendance,
- a sworn statement that the job seeker does not receive any other public financial support for this training.
Reimbursement of training costs:
- 75% of the training costs, capped at the monthly amount of the minimum guaranteed wage for unskilled workers, as long as certified attendance is as least 80%,
- the remaining 25% subject to certain conditions.
As a rule, the duration of reimbursement may not exceed twelve months.
The ADEM offers other training measures in favour of employment.
More information here