UCITS: Eligible assets & investment restrictions for Luxembourg UCITS - Basics
The funds industry evolves in a constantly changing legal and regulatory environment, with products and investments strategies always more innovative and complex. In the context of an efficient risk management, it is key to have a sound knowledge of the eligibility criteria of financial instruments/indices/stock exchanges and of the investment rules applicable to UCITS.
By the end of this training, the participants will have a clear view on:
- the eligibility criteria applicable to the different types of investments for a UCITS;
- the global and individual investment limits;
- the main guidelines in relation to the management of the risks associated to financial derivative instruments as defined by the regulations applicable to UCITS.
The training has been developed in three main parts:
1. Eligible investments: eligibility criteria as defined by the regulations and illustration of the theoretical approach with some concrete examples
2. Investment limits: global and individual investment limits and their illustrations using concrete examples
3. Financial derivatives: main guidelines in relation to risk management
Who is the course aimed at?
- Professionals of the financial sector dealing with UCITS investment funds
- People in charge of the risk management of a self-managed SICAV or a management company
- People responsible and people in charge of the review of the investment restrictions
- Internal auditors and compliance officers
- People in charge of the regulatory reporting
- Product developers
- Investment managers
- Board members
This training is coordinated by Stéphanie Jean, Director, PwC Luxembourg.
Stéphanie has acquired an experience of around 20 years in UCITS investment compliance and more specifically in relation to investment eligibility analysis, risk management and understanding of complex derivatives and financial instruments. Over the years, Stéphanie has been sharing this strong expertise with our PwC clients.