Risk Management - Fundamentals
The main objective of this course is to provide participants with a theoretical and practical foundation in Risk Management for financial services.
- Define risk and the responsibilities of risk managers in financial services
- Describe the main types of financial risks
- Understand the international regulatory environment for risk management
- Explain the basic characteristics of Market risk, Credit risk, Operational risk, Liquidity risk
- Understand how risk is measured
- Describe the organisational aspects of risk management
A qui s'adresse la formation?
This training course has been designed for a broad audience, i.e. for anyone wishing to acquire fundamental knowledge in risk management.
This module is part of the Risk Management Certification. To obtain their certificate, candidates must complete 13 days of training in Risk Management and pass the exam for each course.
More details here: Professional Risk Management Certification
For this training course, an optional exam is available. In case of interest, candidates can choose a date from the list of proposed examination sessions. Registration for the exam must be made at least five days before the chosen exam date. The exam is subject to a registration fee.
The examination consists of true/false and multiple-choice questions. To pass the exam, a candidate must achieve a score of at least 50% of the total points on the exam.
In the wake of multiple financial crises, Risk Management has become essential. Today practically every provider of financial services is concerned about the multitude of risks to manage. Understanding the wide range of risks in financial services is no easy task.
The training material will be handed out at the beginning of the course.