Risk Management - Operational Risk
Operational risk is the “risk of loss resulting from inadequate or failed internal processes, people and systems or from external events” (Basel Accord). Because operational risk impacts practically every area of financial services, it has become an important area of focus among financial service professionals. This course provides participants with a good understanding of operational risk and how to manage it.
- Define operational risk in accordance with market standards
- Understand the regulatory environment for managing operational risk
- Identify and categorise the different causes of operational risk in financial services
- Assess the potential impact of diverse operational risk
- Understand different quantitative and qualitative approaches to managing operational risk
- Appreciate the importance and use of an operational risk incident database
- Identify different means of mitigating operational risk
- Understand different ways of organising an operational risk management function
A qui s'adresse la formation?
This training course has been designed for anyone who already has good knowledge of risk management and who wishes to acquire a solid understanding of operational risk.
This module is part of the Risk Management Certification. To obtain their certificate, candidates must complete 13 days of training in Risk Management and pass the exam for each course.
More details here: Professional Risk Management Certification
Le contenu de ce descriptif de formation est de la seule responsabilité de son auteur, l'organisme de formation House of Training.