Risk Management - Credit and Counterparty Risk
Credit risk is the oldest form of risk in financial markets. Although credit risk has existed since antiquity, we still have not perfected the way in which we manage it, as witnessed by the high-profile losses that are often reported in the press. This course provides participants with a good understanding of credit/counterparty risk and the methods for managing it effectively.
- Understand the fundamental concepts of credit/counterparty risk
- Describe the international regulatory environment for credit/counterparty risk, particularly the Basel Accord
- Understand the basic components of credit/counterparty risk
- Evaluate and understand internal and external ratings
- Understand value at risk (VaR) and its use in measuring credit/counterparty risk
- Explain the counterparty risk for derivatives, particularly over-the-counter derivatives
- Describe different portfolio models for credit/counterparty risk
A qui s'adresse la formation?
This training course has been designed for anyone who already has good knowledge of risk management and who wishes to acquire a solid understanding of credit and counterparty risk.
This module is part of the Risk Management Certification. To obtain their certificate, candidates must complete 13 days of training in Risk Management and pass the exam for each course.
More details here: Professional Risk Management Certification
Le contenu de ce descriptif de formation est de la seule responsabilité de son auteur, l'organisme de formation House of Training.