LITA Lean IT Kaizen
The 3 days course is very comprehensive and teaches you how to be a highly effective Lean Kaizen Lead. During the course you will:
- Understand Lean principles related specifically to leading a Kaizen event
- Understand how to apply the Lean A3 tool to support continual improvement
- Gain practical how to knowledge of how to use of the Six Sigma DMAIC improvement model as a structured improvement methodology
- Learn about improvement scoping and validation
- Learn how to gain voice of customer input and establish critical to quality requirements
- Learn how to apply and use Value Stream Mapping (VSM) techniques to identify process waste and speed improvement opportunities
- Understand how to use root cause analysis techniques to support problem analysis
- Learn how to identify, select and use various improvement options
- Understand how to establish effective controls
- Understand how to establish methods to improve quality and mistake proof future process activities
Kaizen is an improvement philosophy in which continuous, incremental improvement occurs over a sustained period of time, creating more value and less waste, resulting in increased speed, lower costs and improved quality.
This is a handson 3 days course that teaches and equips individuals to define, facilitate and lead Lean IT Kaizen improvement initiatives. The course teaches students how to effectively use the Six Sigma DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) improvement model leveraging the Lean A3 problem identification and planning tool to complete a full improvement cycle.
This certification course provides you with the knowledge, skills and methodology required to identify, plan and implement incremental service and process improvements focused on improving the efficiency and effectiveness of any process or value stream. It also you prepares for the Lean IT Association Kaizen certification exam.
- Classroom with U-shaped setup preferred
- Whiteboard, flipchart, and projector
- A maximum of 16 participants
- Organizing Kaizen
- A3 Method
- Theory Define
- Exercise 1: Define Make a problem statement
- Theory Measure
- Exercise 2a Measure: determine which data needs to be collected
- Theory Measure (continued)
- Exercise Measure 2b: Create data collection plan and update VSM
- Theory Analyze
- Exercise 3a: Analyze: determine which data visualizations are required for problem
- Theory Analyse continued
- Exercise 3b: Analyse: root cause (update A3 with analysis)
- Theory Improve
- Exercise 4: Improve generating ideas (using techniques: brainstorming; reverse thinking or scamper - present A3 with solutions)
- Theory Improve Continued
- Exercise 5: Improve select ideas
- Theory Control
- Exercise 6: Control continued Exercise: make an control plan - update A3 with regard to implementation)
- Theory Control (continued)
- Exam preparation (sample exam and time for questions)
A qui s'adresse la formation?
A Kaizen Lead is someone who is involved with a Lean improvement initiative at any level of the organization and within any department.
The course is designed for IT practitioners interested in expanding their practical knowledge and skills to lead targeted Lean improvement initiatives focused on continual service improvement, including:
- Managers tasked with department level process improvements
- Business analysts
- Project managers
- Software developers
- Quality assurance managers
- IT Consult
Participants must hold the LITA Lean IT Foundation certificate.
- The exam is closedbook format
- The exam consists of 40 multiplechoice questions
- A minimum score of 65% is required to pass the exam
- The exam lasts 90 minutes
LITA (Lean IT Association) Lean IT Kaizen Certificate. The LITA Lean IT Kaizen exams are delivered by PeopleCert.
The Lean Six Sigma Pocket Toolbook — Michael L. George, John Maxey, David Rowlands and Malcolm Upton
Managing to Learn — John Shook