Protect your iPhone/iPad like a Pro
How would you react if your iPhone/iPad got lost or stolen today?
Stressed or calmy?
If you're unsure about the security and retrievability of your data, then this workshop is for you!
At the end of this workshop, you will:
- Understand the different security threats faced when using an iPhone or iPad
- Understand and put in practice effective prevention and mitigation techniques
- Understand what to do and be able to react appropriately after a security incident
This workshop is split into 6 parts:
Module 1: The 4 major security threats faced by iPhone & iPad owners
- Compromised Apple account
- Unauthorised access
- Data exfiltration
- Loss or theft
Module 2: 7 effective prevention and mitigation tactics to keep your iPhone / iPad safe
- Non-obvious passwords combined with Two-Factor Authentication
- Find My iPhone / iPad (whole disk encryption & remote erase)
- Frequent updates & backups (iCloud + iTunes)
- Limited data access on lock screen
- Virtual Private Network
- Content blockers
- Links verification
Quiz: Pair the prevention & mitigation tactics to the corresponding threats
Module 3: What to do after a security incident involving your iPhone / iPad or Apple account
- If you suspect that your Apple account has been hacked
- If your device got lost
- If your device got stolen
The drill: Practice exercises in response to real life security risks and issues
- Quickly turn off Wi-Fi and cellular data
- Reset your Apple ID password
- Locate your iOS device via iCloud.com or another iOS device
- Remotely lock your iOS device and put a message on the screen
Questions & feedback
This workshop combines theory presented via slides, discussions and practical exercises.
A qui s'adresse la formation?
- Business owners
- Self-employed professionals
iPhone or iPad running at least iOS 10
There will be a quiz coupled with the successful completion of practical exercises
A certificate of completion will be sent to the participants.
Minimum 6 and maximum 12 participants since it's a very interactive workshop