Get your iPhone/iPad ready for GDPR
With the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) coming into force, self-employed and business owners alike are facing the risk of huge financial sanctions, as well as damaging their reputation in case of a data breach of their IT infrastructure, starting with their own iPhone & iPad.
So the big question is: Have you implemented all the possible security measures to protect the data stored on or accessible from your iPhone/iPad?
If the answer is no, then this workshop is for you!
At the end of this workshop, you will:
- Understand the different security threats faced when using an iPhone or iPad
- Understand and put in practice effective prevention and mitigation techniques
- Understand what to do and be able to react appropriately after a security incident
This workshop is split into 6 parts:
Module 1: The 4 major security threats faced by iPhone & iPad owners
- Compromised Apple account
- Unauthorised access
- Data exfiltration
- Loss or theft
Module 2: 7 effective prevention and mitigation tactics to keep your iPhone / iPad safe
- Non-obvious passwords combined with Two-Factor Authentication
- Find My iPhone / iPad (whole disk encryption & remote erase)
- Frequent updates & backups (iCloud + iTunes)
- Limited data access on lock screen
- Virtual Private Network
- Content blockers
- Links verification
Quiz: Pair the prevention & mitigation tactics to the corresponding threats
Module 3: What to do after a security incident involving your iPhone / iPad or Apple account
- If you suspect that your Apple account has been hacked
- If your device got lost
- If your device got stolen
The drill: Practice exercises in response to real life security risks and issues
- Quickly turn off Wi-Fi and cellular data
- Reset your Apple ID password
- Locate your iOS device via iCloud.com or another iOS device
- Remotely lock your iOS device and put a message on the screen
Questions & feedback
This workshop combines theory presented via slides (50%) and practical exercises (50%).
A qui s'adresse la formation?
- Business owners
- Self-employed professionals
- Entreprise IT managers or team leaders
iPhone or iPad running at least iOS 11
There will be a quiz coupled with the successful completion of practical exercises
A certificate of completion will be sent to the participants.
Minimum 6 and maximum 12 participants since it's a very interactive workshop