The Legal Academy
Legal Academy consists of 5 sessions.
- In the 1st session, we will make an introduction to the fund/tax structures.
- The 2nd, the 3rd, and the 4th sessions focus on the buy-out documents in theory and practice; agreements, negotiation points, and documentation.
- The last session focuses on the director’s duties and liabilities as well as deals that go wrong and how we can mitigate the risks.
Session 1: Introduction and fund/tax structures
- Overview of typical fund structures and hot topics.
- Key elements to be considered for new funds and how to maximize the use of existing fund structures.
- COVID19 impact on fund structuring
Session 2: Buy-out Documents Part I: SPAs, SHAs and MIPs theory
- SPAs, Shareholder’s agreements and Management incentivisation plans - Key features and negotiation points
Session 3: Buy-out Documents Part II: SPAs and SHAs in practice.
- SPAs and shareholders’ agreements - Key features and negotiation points brought to life.
Session 4: Buy-out Documents Part III: External financing including credit facilities and security packages
- External financing documents including credit facilities and typical security packages - key features and hot topics.
Session 5: Directors’ duties, liabilities and restructuring/insolvency: What happens when deals go wrong/how to mitigate the risks
- Breach of covenants, enforcement, debt for equity swaps, potential for litigation in the current crisis.
- Directors’ liability.
- Distressed investing and debt funds.
- Wrap up of legal module
Certificate of completion & CPD points.